Our admission process is straight forward, and it involves three simple steps: application process, profile evaluation, admission documents. You will be assisted by our admission department the whole time and will be guided through each step.


Students from European Union (EU) or EFTA Countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland) can enter Italy with a valid passport or EU ID card and can remain in Italy without a visa for the duration of their studies.

If you are a European or EFTA student, before travelling to Italy you just need to ask for the European Health Insurance Card to the National Health Insurance Institution of your home Country, where you are insured.


The European Health Insurance Card is a free card that gives you access to medical treatments and state-provided healthcare during your temporary stay in Italy, under the same conditions and at the same cost as people insured in Italy.


If you’re a non-EU student, you are required to obtain a student Visa type D (Long-stay visa valid for more than 90 days) prior to entering Italy.

Student visas in Italy are issued by Italian Embassies or Consulate-General offices in your country of origin.

The Visa application can be a long process, which requires to submit different forms and documents: for this reason Rome City has decided to make available to its students a dedicated legal department which will guide them through the whole bureaucratic process in order to obtain the study Visa.

AFTER entering Italy through the type D Visa, and within 8 working days of your arrival, you will be also required to apply for the residence permit card (Permesso di soggiorno per motivi di studio).  Also, in this case, our legal department will guide you through the bureaucratic process in order to obtain the residence permit card. To facilitate the process of obtaining the Permit to Stay, at your arrival you must provide the following:

  • Copy of your passport’s first page
  • Copy of your passport’s Visa page
  • Copy of Rome City acceptance letter stamped by the Italian Consulate
  • Copy of health insurance policy for non-EU students

(Non-European medical insurance are accepted only if the insurance company issues a certificate summarizing the conditions of the policy, stating that is valid in Italy and in Schengen Countries, and clarifying that there are no restrictions to cover medical expenses for hospitalization, emergencies and repatriation while in Italy.


Upon your arrival in Italy, Rome City will support you to apply for the Italian Fiscal Code certificate (Codice fiscale). It is a code made up of letters and numbers on the basis of your first name, family name, date and place of birth and it is used by the Public Administration to identify the citizens living in Italy.

The Italian fiscal code is necessary for:

  1. opening a bank or postal account
  2. to sign contracts with utility companies (gas, electricity, water, internet, phones, mobile phones, etc.)
  3. to take up employment of any kind (whether internship or paid)


Non-EU/EAA Citizens

will be required to apply for a student visa in their home country. This process can get tedious and that is why a person from our staff will personally guide you through each step and will provide you with the necessary information.

EU/EAA Citizens

do not need any type of visa. You are ready to enter Italy and our program if you hold a European passport. You will still be required to apply for a permit to stay once in Italy and this process will be supervised by us.