Parents & Families - Rome City Institute

Have any question? +1 (816) 6162298

Information for Families

Going to university or studying abroad is a big step for your student, and we want to be your partners throughout the journey. On this page, you will find the answers to many of your questions, from academics to career services. If you’d like to speak with us directly, please email


Financial Aid


Visa & Immigration

Student Life

Center for Career Development

Visa Useful Information

Students from European Union (EU) or EFTA Countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland) can enter Italy with a valid passport or EU ID card and can remain in Italy without a visa for the duration of their studies.

If you’re a non-EU student, you are required to obtain a student Visa type D (Long-stay visa valid for more than 90 days) prior to entering Italy. Student visas in Italy are issued by Italian Embassies or Consulate-General offices in your country of origin. Once you are officially committed to Rome City Institute, our legal department will assist you in every step of the way in order for you to get a VISA.